Wednesday, February 22, 2012

23 things to make from old t-shirts


[photo source]

Today, I am tackling my kid's wardrobes and culling their clothes right back to basics. I've been so very, very lucky to have received a lot of hand-me-downs for both of them over the years and I quite happily accept them. Probably when they were little and at home, I might've gone through 2 or 3 sets of clothes, espcially after meal times or toilet training mishaps. Now they are both at school, I'm finding they don't need as many clothes.

[photo source]
For five days, they wear their school uniform, changing into play clothes when they get home and they might only have them on for an hour or so before bath time, so they wear them again for a couple days. It's cut back on washing and wear and tear on the clothes. So what am I going to do with all of these clothes? I'll give most of them away to friends and I'm thinking of making some of these things with the t-shirts.

Produce bags
Placemats
Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest
Rainbow rug

Source: etsy.com via Anne on Pinterest






Source: google.com via Tami on Pinterest




Source: recyclart.org via riro on Pinterest
Bangles


Dishcloths

Downtown recycled t shirt necklace/RESERVED FOR Kfh04 Kfh04
Source: etsy.com via Victoria on Pinterest

Baby nappy/diaper covers




Loop rug


I'd like to get started on one of those quilts especially to use up some of the kid's logo t-shirts from Kindergarten and some of those goofy slogan t-shirts like "Grandma told me to do it" or "Mummy is the best" or something. I'm having sewing machine withdrawls. It's been ages since I've sewn something because my machine has been on the blink. The next spare bit of money I get, it's going in for a service.

Hope you get some inspiration from some of these ideas. Thank you again Pinterest. You can follow me here.

27 comments:

  1. Anne....What terrific ideas. It never dawned on me that you could do so many things with old T Shirts. Brilliant! I'm going to share these ideas with friends at church. Some of these ladies do amazing thing with yarns etc. and I bet they'd take some of these ideas and run with them. Also I especially like the picture of the lady with the huge pile of ironing. It made me laugh. Too cute. (And sometimes so true)

    Luv u,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas. I don't think I'll ever donate another t-shirt to goodwill again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! My mom uses old t-shirts to make doll clothes! I have a huge pile of old t-shirts but I am getting really sick of them in my basement...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know this post and these projects are right up my alley. Several of these projects I've tried. I'm secretly working on some other tshirt projects, I'll post about if the work out. Can't wait to see why you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about trying one of those rugs. Old t-shirts around here just make good 'ol rags, but these are some pretty good ideas for the crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great links. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, lots of great ideas. I especially love the ruffled pillow and ruffled shirt. Thanks for sharing at our party today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas!
    I really want to try to make one of those rugs.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of great ideas all in one place! Thanks for sharing them and I saw you at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some very interesting ideas. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the ideas, particularly Rainbow rug. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing such a great ideas!this interesting ideas can make life good.I really appreciate!http://www.gotapparel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have two bags of my husbands old t-shirts that I've been meaning to donate.... Until now :) My project list just increased substantially!! Thanks for all the great links.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My youngest son is really into heavy metal and has tons of black, band T-shirts to prove it, some of which he's outgrown. His auntie is making him a personalized quilt, with each square being the centre (the logo, the artwork, if you will) of a Tshirt. He is enjoying getting to help with the personalization, and the memories he has from the concerts and such will follow him, so long as he has his new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is something i have been looking for many days . t-shirts are the best way to enhances the personality .love the concept and ideas of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sad that the pictures are missing. Obviously I am too late to view the entry OR my computer is having a lazy Sunday. Anyways, lovely idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is the first time i visit your site but i will be one of your permanent visitors, i hope you see my blog at
    International Decor

    ReplyDelete
  19. i didn't saw such as this amazing ideas before, you have fantastic ideas curtain designs

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a lot of great ideas in this great post
    Apparelshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. article highly qualified friend .., thanks for sharing information, if interested please visit my blogs there is a lot of articles that may be read friend, Main thing is that you need to seo work If do seo for my blog Belajar SEO dan Blog di Info Blog Indonesia as my blog have 3000+ visitor and I want 5000

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for your ideas. Aren't tee shirts great? They can out live wear.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Every day I visit a number of blog sites to see content, however this offers quality based content.

    cheap t-shirts

    ReplyDelete
  24. info untuk para pengguna Massage Jakarta yang sedang mencari Pijat & SPA Panggilan 24 jam Jakarta bisa mengetahui info lengkapnya di Aries Spa tinggal telpon langsung diangkat gan... khusus pria dan wanita lho... Pijat Panggilan Jakarta langsung check aja deh untuk menikmati Massage & SPA Panggilan 24 jam Jakarta ini

    SPA Jakarta || www.massageariesjakarta.blogspot.com Massage Jakarta || Pijat jakarta Panggilan || Massage Panggilan || massage therapy/pijat keluarga panggilan || pijat panggilan 24 jam jakarta

    Aries Spa menyediakan massage therapy/pijat panggilan dan spa panggilan ke rumah atau tempat tinggal Anda di Jakarta dan sekitarnya.

    Kami melayani massage panggilan 24 jam, massage khusus pria & wanita dengan tenaga kerja muda, trampil dan profesional.

    pijat keluarga datang ketempat ,trima panggilan rumah,aparteman,hotel dijakarta.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very essential blog; it helped me a lot whatever you have provided.
    carpet cleaning northern va

    ReplyDelete
  26. stas são dicas de investimento muito úteis. Vou recomendar aos meus amigos para ler este blog. Jogos de carros |Jogos de carros

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...