Monday, February 6, 2012

Coconut Ice


I wanted to make a batch of 'something' to give out to fellow Brisbane Bloggers that I was meeting at a get-together yesterday and thought of a good old batch of old fashioned coconut ice. This recipe from Best Recipes was just perfect. No cooking involved at all. Great to get the kids involved with as well. Although in this instance it was a little bit of the case of the little red hen and not much helping going on but a lot of tasting going on once it was made.


Coconut Ice
(from Best Recipes)

  • 2 cups sifted icing sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 395gm can of condensed milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 3.1/2 cups coconut
  • 2-3 drops pink food colouring
  1. Place icing sugar, cream of tartar, condensed milk and vanilla essence into a bowl and combine well.
  2. Add coconut and mix well.
  3. Split mixture into two and place one lot into a slice tin (35cmx25cm or 13.5"x10") lined with baking paper and press down.
  4. In the other half, add pink food colouring and mix in well.
  5. Press on top of white layer.
  6. Refrigerate for 2 hours and slice into small squares.

13 comments:

  1. It was yummy, I got in trouble by the Big V asking where his piece was....whoops, he considers himself a bit of a coconut ice critic lol.

    I hope you'll be coming to more events, as I didn't get a chance as I had hoped to speak with you more. Thanks again for the treat yesterday of the coconut ice not only was it thoughtful but you made an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy...I love coconut. Why is it called coconut ice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you had fun. Will you be blogging about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was lovely chatting to you, the coconut ice was a hit with the little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you got together with n some other bloggers! I've never met in person, any of the bloggers I've met online! The coconut ice looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My piece didn't make it passed the steps outside Jade Budda. It was very yummy. Thank you, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good Anne. I would love to make them. They would be beautiful for a shower or wedding or any time for that matter. And they seem so easy to make. Beautiful and easy....well you can't beat that.

    I have a question though. What is a 'slicing tin?' This yankee has no clue. Is it a 9x13 pan or a bread baking pan? By the look of the squares they are in a 9x13.

    Thanks Anne,

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a treat I have never had, but it looks wonderful! So pretty and delicious ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    www.beautifulwhatshedoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious...I'm trying them today, even though I don't know what a slicing tin is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm,.....I love coconut anything and these look so adorable. With the pink they would look awesome for an Easter tray or maybe a baby shower. Thanks for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne,
    What a wonderful summertime treat, it is just beautiful. I am bookmarking this one for the first summer party! Hope you have a fabulous week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty dessert! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...