Monday, March 5, 2012

Peanut butter chocolate 'chunk' cookie cake


Forget about antidepressants. This will cure all! I was telling my dear friend Claire in Tasmania (my best baking buddy from wayback) how I was feeling a little down last week and she prescribed told me about  this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake she made. How could I refuse? All of my favourite things in one piece. Peanut butter, chocolate and cake. It was so hot on the day I made it but I was willing to make that sacrifice and I wasn't disappointed. If you like a rich fudgey centre and a light outer shell full of peanut flavour and chocolate, you won't be disappointed either.


I got the recipe from a fellow Australian blogger, Almost Bourdain and she uses chocolate chips. I don't believe in them. If you're going to use chocolate in a recipe, it has to be chunky. You want to be able to taste it, right? I just use a block of chocolate chopped up. I very rarely use chips.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
 
(Loosely adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake - Dam Good Sweet by David Guas and Raquel Pelzel, as seen on Lemonpi)
 
  • 85g butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 100gm chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
  2. Cream the butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla extracts, then add the egg.  
  3. Add the dry ingredients.
  4. Add the chocolate and mix for a few seconds until combined.
  5. Scrape the batter into a greased and lined 10-inch round cake tin or pie plate.
  6. Press the batter into a smooth and even layer in the pan. Bake until lightly golden and puffy around the edges (the center should still feel quite soft), 18 – 22 minutes.

15 comments:

  1. OK girlfriend...and you think MY pie was decadent..I just gained 2 lbs looking and smelling this through the screen. Right now I want to put a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some homemade hot fudge on a piece of these...oh my fantasies are going wild!! But I'd never get that far. The whole pan would be gone before I had time to do that. YUM!!!!

    XXOO

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how awesome. This would definitely cure any of my ailments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seriously looks amazing! I think it would cheer me up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a slice (or two) of this cake would help cheer me up too! Thank god for baking friends who understand that sometimes the therapy of whipping up butter and sugar together and flavouring it with chocolate can help keep the blues at bay!
    I can smell it from here!
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic. I hope it cheered you up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah - peanut butter + chocolate is definitely a cure all! Hope you are feeling better this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH ANNE!! This looks so delicious. I know exactly where to come next time I'm craving something decadent xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH ANNE!! This looks so delicious. I know exactly where to come next time I'm craving something decadent xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG....This is AWESOME! I want to eat my monitor!!! I have to make this ASAP!!! Thanks, Anne! No prozac for me...just this piece of heaven!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful recipe. I love chocolate and I love cookies so this is right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much for delivery to Ashgrove? Oh my I love peanut butter. M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My eyes almost can't believe what they're seeing-that looks so sinful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be dangerous in my house! I'd eat it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Anne,
    It is so good to see you and you have brought this awesome dessert for us to share while we have our tea. Hope that things are going well for you, we will really enjoy this recipe! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day and Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holly Hanna that is a cookie cake!! I can't wait to make if for my kiddos they will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...