Forget about antidepressants. This will cure all! I was telling my dear friend Claire in Tasmania (my best baking buddy from wayback) how I was feeling a little down last week and she
I got the recipe from a fellow Australian blogger, Almost Bourdain and she uses chocolate chips. I don't believe in them. If you're going to use chocolate in a recipe, it has to be chunky. You want to be able to taste it, right? I just use a block of chocolate chopped up. I very rarely use chips.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
(Loosely adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake - Dam Good Sweet by David Guas and Raquel Pelzel, as seen on Lemonpi)
- 85g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 100gm chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla extracts, then add the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate and mix for a few seconds until combined.
- Scrape the batter into a greased and lined 10-inch round cake tin or pie plate.
- Press the batter into a smooth and even layer in the pan. Bake until lightly golden and puffy around the edges (the center should still feel quite soft), 18 – 22 minutes.