Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Easy 2 ingredient chocolate fudge


WARNING: Do not read this blog post if you don't want to find the easiest, most decadent fudge to make with only 2 ingredients! It's not my idea, so don't blame me! I will not be responsible for excess calorie intake or over indulgence.


I pinned this recipe I saw on Pinterest for 2 ingredient fudge a while ago. I thought hmmpf, that looks easy enough but what on earth would it taste like? and didn't think about it anymore (like many things I pin from Pinterest). My sister's birthday was last week and I usually like to make a batch of sweets for her. Something like fudge, caramel or brittle. I had an 'a-ha' moment and I remembered the fudge recipe I pinned. I was, after all, running out of time as the week was drawing to an end and wanted to get this stuff made as soon as possible.


Two words people: frosting and chocolate! That's it! Sorry if you've heard about it before but I couldn't believe how easy this was. No worrying about melting chocolate and sugar or condensed milk and stirring, stirring, stirring (even though there's nothing wrong with that - I quite like the taste of that fudge). But if you want to put together a quick gift in next to no time, and your friends will think you've been slaving away over a hot stove, try this one. Yeah, okay, its sickly sweet and gooey and fudgey and all those wonderful things, but all in moderation, hey?


Melt 450gm of milk chocolate buttons (use white chocolate if you're using the white ready made frosting).


Mix in the entire contents of a can of chocolate frosting and mix well. Work quickly as the room temperature of the frosting will begin to set the melted chocolate.


Add nuts (I added walnuts to both the mixture and on top), dried fruit, marshmallows or anything else you'd like and spread in a slice pan (20cm x 18cm) or similar. Allow to set in the fridge.


Cut into squares and try not to eat too much before you pack into a gift box.


My sister didn't want to know what was in it but she said it was very rich and very nice.


As I said, don't blame me. It's not my fault. Blame Shelly from Cookies & Cups. This is where I pinned the original idea from. Obviously, in the US they have strawberry flavoured cans of frosting and she mixed white chocolate with hers. Doesn't it look gorgeous? Shelly, I'm not sure whether to love you or loathe you? At least I won't be stuck for a last minute gift idea again as long as I've got a can of Mrs C nearby.







24 comments:

  1. You're right, I shouldn't have read this! :) how easy & yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, I dont think you can buy cans of frosting in the UK (at least I've never seen it) - that's just cruel Anne! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if anything could be as good as REAL fudge but this does sound easy *and tempting*!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely delicious! I love the strawberry fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness that is GENIUS! I am forever searching for easy "gift for the host" type ideas but this is the best I've heard for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks just a little too sweet for me; but I'm guessing my kids would love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats SO norti!! especially when u have leftover melts and open betty crocker frosting like I do...

    NORTI NORTI NORTI!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the warning...LOL! I can't believe how easy that is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What??? 2 ingredients??? That is a bit too easy for my liking. Pretty decadent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO!!! That's is information I don't need right now! (Looks really, really yummy.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne, I've seen this recipe as well. So, you and your sister recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made that strawberry fudge for Valentine's Day. It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I need to say is YUM! Thanks for sharing on your ongoing support at Weekend Cookbook

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the two ingredient fudge too!!! So creamy and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I should not have looked at that! Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday Anne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woah, that looks too good to be true! Awesome! Im totally repinning and hey I love the look of your blog! Might just be your newest follower. :) Found you through Foodie Fridays, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Chocolate fudge with walnuts is my fav! Found you via Say G'day Saturday Hop. Would love for you to stop by and share on the Creative Corner Blog Hop.
    I've pinned this to my "sweets" board and am now following.

    Holly
    http://hollysstampingaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fudge is a necessary evil in my book and this recipe is really trying my self control. It sounds and looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know that this is an older post but I just came across it last night and have since just made my first batch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Anne you cheeky mumma, this is bad, so, so, so bad......but you know that means I'm going to do it lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.