Friday, August 24, 2012

Queensland Bloggers meet Howards Storage World

 
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending the 2013 catalogue launch of Howards Storage World. Brand Meets Blog organised the function at a quaint little inner city guest house in Brisbane called "Franklin Villa".
 

 
 
"Franklin Villa" is a beautifully restored historic mansion located 1 kilometre from the Brisbane CBD and a close walk to the entertainment strip of Southbank and restaurant scene of West End. It was the most glorious day in Brisbane yesterday and Spring is definitely here. The warm balmy breezes were blowing while we enjoyed high tea on the enclosed verandah of the guest house while Kathy, Jillian and Elvio from Howards Storage World shared some great organising tips and gave us insight into the new 2013 catalogue.
 
 
 
The table was set with floral napiery, vases of blooming jasmine, beautiful china filled with hot tea and three tiered trays of high tea goodness adorned the tables.
 
 
 
This was the first function of this kind that I have ever been too and I finally got to meet some of Queensland's blogging elite. It was great to meet Louisa and Heather from Brand Meets Blog and get to speak to these famous Queensland bloggers in person and hear about their organisation struggles that we all seem to have.
 
 
 
 
I went for a browse around the guest house and beautifully decorated rooms filled with quirky, vintage finds. A beautiful place to stay for that weekend city getaway.
 
 
 
 
 
We then drove onto the Howards Storage World store at Westfield Garden City and had a quick look through the store. I could've spent more time there but had to get back to pick the kids up from school. I'm planning on heading back to spend time with Jenny, the franchisee, to plan how I'm going to set up my new sewing/crafting room. Howards has a lot more than cupboard and drawer inserts. Complete storage solutions for all parts of the home and reasonably priced. Some of the things that caught my eye were:
 

 
Lego Storage
 

 
Medicine organisation
 
 
Pretty floral clear storage baskets
 
 
Georgeous range of bathroom accessories
 
 
Cute little matchbook size emery boards
 
 
Over door iron and ironing board holder
 
 
And to top it all off, we all received an insulated lunch bag (with ice brick) filled with cute little things like reusable lunch wraps, eco balls for washing clothes, boot hangers, packing cell travel bag, insulated cup and, my favourite, the Grid-It!
 
Grid it
 
Imagine having all your regular handbag essentials in this one spot? Then all you have to do when changing handbags is grab the Grid-it! It doubles as mouse pad on the reverse side with an extra pocket for storage. Thanks Brand Meets Blog and Howards Storage World for a fabulous day!
 
Howards Storage World
 
 
 
Brand Meets Blog
 
www.brandmeetsblog.com.au

Franklin Villa

http://www.franklinvilla.com/




13 comments:

  1. Anne, what an amazing day you had! You must be on cloud nine! I'd love to attend an event such as this...and the amazing items in this store! You lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Anne it looks like you has an awesome time. Looking at the pics I think I would have looked the high tea and a poke around the guest house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome day Anne! I love the Grid it & I think I am putting it on the top of my must buy list!

    Jos xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great day. I think I will have to check out our local store. I haven't been into a Howards Storage for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, that was such a great read, and I'm even more excited now to be attending the Sydney version of this next week! Loved the flow of this interspersed with amazing pics. This is going to be my first blogger/brand function too! Go us! Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super jealous of your great day meeting other Qld bloggers and in such a beautiful setting, not to mention the organising inspiration. Glad to hear you will be organising your craft space, I've moved that to the top of my to do list as I'm itching to get creating again!
    Stacey-Lee :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so nice to see you Anne - and I love your photos - it is amazing how in the store i was focused on what i was looking for and saw such different things - i never even saw (but love and plan to get ) that clear floral basket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay - your first brand/blogging event! So proud of you. Looks like it was a fantastic day complete with high tea! I love your coverage of the range and can't wait to head into Howards myself as soon as I get my car back from the panel shop. I'm with Deb - that floral basket is divine! Also loving their new look branding...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post, was really lovely meeting you!!! Will definitely be in touch next time I'm in town!!! Can't wait to see some pics of your craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I have an event that I am planning to attend next month and it will be my very first! Those Lego storage bins look like something Zack would like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Anne....I am so jealous I wish I could have gone with you. What fun you must have had. Your photos are wonderful and I enjoyed your table and tea so much. And those rooms had so much character and personality besides all the great organized stuff and delightful things. My very favorite thing of all was that teapot on your table. That was so beautiful. I wish I could find one just like it. Loved it absolutely loved it. Do you know if it was an antique or who the maker was? I bet you had the time of your life. I'm so tickled that I'm friends with one of the big cheese's in the blogging world of Australia. I am honored. So happy you were invited. THANKYOU for sharing such a marvelous event.
    xxoo
    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for coming along Anne - I am so glad that you had a good time and found it a useful event!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ! What a nice post it is ! I like it . Thanks for sharing this post . For details lego storage and display .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...