They were fudgey, crunchy from the peanuts, gooey from the marshmallow and chocolate and just the ticket for afternoon tea.
It satisfied my craving for cupcakes. I'm not sure watching "Cupcake Wars" is satisfying my desire for quality television program viewing but I've just got to be strong and turn it off and get to bed.
Rocky Road Cupcakes
- 1 and half cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons oil (I use canola)
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- half teaspoon salt
1 quantity Chocolate Buttercream
- Turn oven to 180 C (375 F).
- Put the flour, sugar, cocoa and water in a bowl.
- Add chopped nuts, marshmallows and choc chips.
- Add vanilla, vinegar, oil, baking soda and salt.
- Mix with beaters until smooth. (Mixture is runny.)
- Pour into cupcake papers.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes.
- Top with chocolate buttercream.
My chief taste tester approved.