Monday, September 3, 2012

The Easiest No Bake Cheesecake


When you absolutely, positively NEED a cheesecake, look no further than this recipe. I'd bought a tub of spreadable cream cheese to have on crackers but after our strawberry picking adventures, I really thought that they might be better served with a cheesecake.


So what does one do at 10:30pm on a Saturday night? Make cheesecake! I mixed the spreadable tub of cream cheese with a bit of cream, some icing sugar and a bit of vanilla extract and it was done. I grabbed a few bikkies out of the bikkie barrel to make the biscuit crust and the job was done.


I thought I'd make a bit of an effort by piping the cream cheese filling onto the individual bases which had been pressed into cupcake papers but you could just spoon it on or alternatively, use a springform tin to make a whole cake.


No gelatine, no citrus juices, no eggs or beating cream etc. This could be dangerous. Note to self: Don't buy anymore spreadable cream cheese, only cottage cheese! Honestly, it wasn't my fault. Blame the strawberries!


The Easiest No Bake Cheesecake
  • 250gm tub of spreadable cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 1/4 cup icing sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8-10 biscuits
  • 2 tbs butter, melted
  1. Crush biscuits into crumbs by crushing in a plastic bag and beating or in a food processor.
  2. Add melted butter.
  3. Either press into a springform tin (which has been well greased) or in individual cupcake paper cases and refrigerate until hard.
  4. Mix cream cheese, cream, vanilla and icing sugar until smooth.
  5. Pipe or spoon into cupcake cases or springform tin and return to fridge until required.
  6. Any sort of fresh fruit or puree may be added to the cheese mixture, eg blueberries, strawberries, mango, passionfruit, pineapple, kiwifruit, chocolate, caramel etc.
This recipe made 6 large Texas muffin sized cheesecakes.

22 comments:

  1. Wow Anne these look incredible. Cheesecake is one of my top 3 desserts of all time and you've just made it so much easier to make. I'm not sure I should be thanking you or not! ;) Gorgeous photos too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SERIOUSLY delicious and easy! and... There'll be no danger of having many/any left over...I must try this one soon:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, this looks sooo delicious - can not wait to try it! Pinned..
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne you're going to get me into trouble with yet another awesome simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so yummy I'm a sucker for deserts let alone strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, my kind of food and I love super quick ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum Anne! I love a good no-bake cheesecake. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne,
    How are you this evening, is it fall there now? Your No Bake Cheesecake looks delicious, sure wish I had one of those little treats right now. Hope you are having a great week and thanks for sharing.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, Anne! While I'm not a massive fan of cheesecake, my other half certainly is! Nothing would please him more than if I'd spent my Saturday night whipping some of these up! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne, this is so quick and easy. You are a genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. we love cheesecake over here--do you think it would work if I added cocoa for some chocolate cheesecake? I came over from Stonegable link up and I'm excited to see what else you have coming up! I am always in need of new recipes

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious and easy, I love easy. Can't wait to try this, I especially love them in cupcake form as opposed to a whole cheesecake, that way I can stop my family from taking a slice that's the size of half the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love easy cheesecake, thats the only kind for me! These look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is way too easy! It think it could quickly become a problem since I am trying to avoid sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. girl, this is dangerous! I totally get your need for something sweet at night - that's when my cravings strike! And with two birthdays this week I am definitely not being good :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, I love cheesecake! And this no bake one, even more.....lol
    Must try this. Looks simple and easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, My! This looks soooo good. Thank you for sharing. Saw you over at Oz. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-13.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks sooooo yummy!
    Do you think I could make it into one cheesecake pan?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those sneaky strawberries, how dare they entice you to make such tempting treats! Love these Anne - will be making them very soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.