When you absolutely, positively NEED a cheesecake, look no further than this recipe. I'd bought a tub of spreadable cream cheese to have on crackers but after our strawberry picking adventures, I really thought that they might be better served with a cheesecake.
So what does one do at 10:30pm on a Saturday night? Make cheesecake! I mixed the spreadable tub of cream cheese with a bit of cream, some icing sugar and a bit of vanilla extract and it was done. I grabbed a few bikkies out of the bikkie barrel to make the biscuit crust and the job was done.
I thought I'd make a bit of an effort by piping the cream cheese filling onto the individual bases which had been pressed into cupcake papers but you could just spoon it on or alternatively, use a springform tin to make a whole cake.
No gelatine, no citrus juices, no eggs or beating cream etc. This could be dangerous. Note to self: Don't buy anymore spreadable cream cheese, only cottage cheese! Honestly, it wasn't my fault. Blame the strawberries!
The Easiest No Bake Cheesecake
- 250gm tub of spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-10 biscuits
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- Crush biscuits into crumbs by crushing in a plastic bag and beating or in a food processor.
- Add melted butter.
- Either press into a springform tin (which has been well greased) or in individual cupcake paper cases and refrigerate until hard.
- Mix cream cheese, cream, vanilla and icing sugar until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon into cupcake cases or springform tin and return to fridge until required.
- Any sort of fresh fruit or puree may be added to the cheese mixture, eg blueberries, strawberries, mango, passionfruit, pineapple, kiwifruit, chocolate, caramel etc.