Ideally, one of these 'mini' loaves might do two people but I ate the whole thing. It wasn't that big, really. This recipe can be made in a normal sized loaf pan, a ring pan, round pan or cupcakes. You could also add lime zest to the icing for a bit of extra lime taste.
- 1 x 450g can crushed pineaple in natural juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs dried mint leaves (or 2 tbs Gourmet Garden mint)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons oil (I use canola)
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- enough lime juice to mix with icing sugar to form a honey-like consistency for Lime Drizzle
- Turn oven to 180 C (375 F). Grease or line baking tin well.
- Mix the flour, sugar, canned pineapple (including juice) and water in a bowl.
- Add mint, vinegar, oil, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Pour into the tin. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then take out of tin.
- Drizzle with lime icing.