Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Do you have trouble deciding What2Cook?

 
 Do you have trouble deciding what to cook for dinner, day in, day out? Do you lack inspiration? Do you look in a fridge full of food and get overwhelmed deciding what to cook? Gourmet Garden, in conjunction with partners John West seafood and Steggles poultry have taken all the guess work out of dinner with a handy 5 day menu plan including recipes and shopping list.
 
 
Open the What2Cook website, sign up to the 5 day day meal plan newsletter and every Monday, 5 new recipes, complete with shopping list, will be sent to your Inbox. The best thing about it, besides the recipes being super tasty, simple to cook and family friendly, they are easy to adapt to what you already have on hand.
 

Tuesday's recipe was Chicken Rice Salad with Creamy Basil Dressing. I had a busy day and not much energy. I had a quick look in the fridge. Had chicken, lettuce, cooked rice in the freezer, a few vegetables which could be grated into the salad and a bit of ricotta and cream cheese that needed using up. Besides that, I had Gourmet Garden Garlic and Basil in the fridge. Perfect. I could've already planned what I was having for dinner for the week if I'd chosen to follow the menu plan this week but at least the email was there for inspiration.
  
Giving the chicken breast a quick fry in the pan, defrosting the rice, mixing the dressing and grating the vegetables, dinner was done in under 15 minutes. I love the fact that all the recipes are adaptable for what you have on hand. If I didn't want to bother with chicken, I could've added fresh or tinned salmon or tuna or even omitted the meat in the salad and served it as a side to a barbecued steak or sausages.
 
 
I've written my views on menu planning before saying how I've used it in the past and it worked well but, up until recently, I have managed thinking about What2Cook the night before and it has worked for me. Gourmet Garden has put the guess work out of it now. I can decide to use the menu plan, to a tee, going out to source all of the ingredients or I can use the recipes for inspiration, using what I have on hand.  They have heaps of recipes already stored on their website with a handy search feature so you can look back at previous weeks if you missed an email.
 
The recipes have been created by Brisbane based celebrity chef, Dominique Rizzo, who I had the pleasure of meeting at the recent Brisbane Good Food & Wine Show, and Kim McCosker of "4 Ingredient" fame.


Lemon grass and coriander salmon
 
John West and Steggles have also made things easy with a large range of protein options available in the meat section of the supermarket. Things like salmon portions, prawns, calamari, chicken and turkey in measured portions, ready to just serve up in one of the beautiful recipes on offer.  I've been fortunate enough to have been selected by The Soup to trial some of these products so stay tuned for some fantastic Christmas entertaining recipes over the next couple of weeks.
 
As an added bonus, What2Cook are giving away a gourmet food holiday to Tasmania. To enter, click here.

Disclaimer:  This is a sponsored post. I have received goods and a gift card. All thoughts are my own.
 




3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I am always wondering what to make for dinner! I try to purchase the ingredients for a several meals ahead of time but never know which one to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is cеrtаinly a great ԁeal to learn аbout this
    topic. I like all οf the pοints you hаve made.
    Also visit my site - pikavippii

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and
    in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed
    account your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
    Feel free to surf my web page Work from home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love reading what you have to say and love replying via email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...